Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Attraction to Squiggly Things

Today, I spent the better part of an hour fiddling around with the gadgets and layout of my blog page. The changes are, no doubt, nearly unnoticeable. There's now a "Popular Posts" section, which really just gives me fodder for self-deprecating humor about the relative popularity of a blog with a readership of perhaps four people. I added a Search bar, because while I doubt anyone else has this frustration as much as I do, I hate when I can't just search for something on any given web page.

I also tinkered with how my labels appear, and added the "Reactions" bit to my post, mostly so that I can see how high the "sexually explicit" numbers can get. However, these are all late additions. The first thing I added to my blog was a pageview counter.

Why did I add it there? I really don't need it. I mean, I can guess the average daily pageview right now: one or two friends who I bully into reading, a couple people who see it on facebook, maybe one or two who get there from my NaNoWriMo page, and me, refreshing about fifty times or so.

Honestly, I added it because it's a funny little line. You'd see a Simpsons character sliding along one in a slightly more surreal segment of a financial episode, or something. And I've always loved those funny little lines with an absurd devotion.

And that's pretty much the reason I need to do anything. Now, it's time for ice cream and A Clash of Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment